Sunday, November 4, 2007

Weekend

I love Sunday nights. Get ready for the week, thoughts of the fun weekend.
Friday night we had spaghetti with the kids and then watched Transformers. It was such a good movie! I was really surprised! And it was nice it was PG-13. None of us had seen it which was a surprise because the kids see everything in the theaters.
Saturday the kids and I just hung out for the day at home while Kevin was at work and then Tyler went to work and I took Makenzie to Dexter's for a bit.
Kevin and I watched the game...GO BLUE! What a great game huh?! No matter what side you are on, you have to admit it was an awesome game to watch!
I picked Makenzie up around 7:30 and we watched Evan Almighty. Such a cute movie! I loved it!
Tyler got home from work around 11:30, I made him an egg sandwich, and we all watched SNL for a bit.
Sunday we woke up and went to late service and then went to Target to buy gifts for our Operation Christmas Child. You pick a specific aged girl or boy and fill a shoe box full of gifts. The kids and I decided to pick the 10-14 year old boy. We figured everyone picks the little ones. There was a suggestion list so we got him: colored pencils, mechanical pencils with refills, pens, notebooks, playing cards, calculator, candy and a Tigers hat. Makenzie added a note explaining the Tigers hat and letting him know we would be thinking and praying for him. We are adding our picture and address as well.
I made some super yummy potato soup and then we all put together a puzzle. I had two poster size puzzles from Disney and while during a scene of Evan Almighty, I remembered the Lion King one with all the animals coming to see Simba. Unfortunately, I couldn't find that one but 101 Dalmatians was still fun. I could tell Kevin was a little hesitant when I suggested it but Makenzie was all in and Tyler had fun sometimes.
Tyler mentioned while we were eating that no one can eat a piece of bread in one minute because it soaks up too much saliva...Kevin and Makenzie did not believe him so they tried. I will not tell you the results, it is something fun to try. At least it is if you have teenagers...

3 comments:

Krista said...

Yummy potato soup - I want the recipe. Sounds like you had a great weekend with the kids. Mike wanted to watch Transformers this weekend but I didn't think I would like it so I said no. I guess I will have to give it a try since you liked it.

Christy said...

Ditto on the soup recipe...Sounds awesome! Don't you just love the cozy family weekends. It's neat to see that the kids still like hanging out with the parentals even though they are growing up!

Sarah said...

Don't let the pictures fool you. Most of the time, they are forced to hang out with us!